| Contact ASP.Net Enterprise Manager
Want to help?
I look forward to any help that anyone would like to provide. Whether it is new code, updates to current
code, recommendations of better ways to do thing, any help is greatly appreciated.
If you have some expertise, or just want to figure it out, in any of the things on the "Things to Do" list below
and would like to write that component for the project,
email me and I will be glad to have that part assigned to you and
credit you as the contributor of that piece once complete.
Bugs or Suggestions for features?
To post suggestions or bugs, please use the Source-Forge Tracker.
Things to Do
The following list are things that I know can be done using TSQL and ADO, and hope to have included in the project soon
- Adding ability to edit rows from the browse view
- Applying options on databases when creating (ie Size, Growth, Max Size, Data and Transaction Log locations etc)
- Changing options on databases after creation
- Managing permissions for Database Objects
- Managing Column permissions - maybe
- Managing Indexes for Tables
- Managing Triggers for tables
- Creating and Editing Database Roles
- Creating Rules for Databases
- Creating Defaults on Database
- Creating User Defined Data Types
- Importing Data (From another SQL Database or Uploading an Access database and importing from that)
- Basic database maintenance such as shrinking/truncating logs
- Creating SQL Scripts for databases
Things that need to be done to improve current code
These things are other things that I think can be done, but I have not fully researched them and don't know for sure.
- Clean up and improve tables_design.aspx - this page is used for creating a new table as well as modifying a current table. May be less
confusing if creating and editing are broken apart.
- When modifying a table, a new table is created as tablename_temp, the data is copied from the old table to the new table
then th original table is droped and the temp table is renamed to the original table name. Need to make sure that permissions that
are set for the origianl table are carried to the newly created table.
- Structure code as good .Net code using code behinds and classes, the current code is .Net Syntax with old ASP structure.
- Redo Data Class and make sure that errors are handled and the connection is closed on all pages so that the Max Pool Size
is never reached.
- Setting up Replication
- Backing up and restoring a database
- Working with log files
THIS CODE AND INFORMATION ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
This website and web application is in no way assosiated with, or endorsed by, Microsoft Corporation.
The Enterprise Manager Application, the Enterprise Manager name, all of the graphics used inside the ASP Enterprise Manager Application,
ASP, .Net, SQLServer, and MSDE are all trademarks of Microsoft Corporation, and are included
in the Client Tools of SQL Server.